USF St. Petersburg
Sunday, May 5, 2013, 6:00PM
Progress Energy Center for the Arts – The Mahaffey Theater
400 First Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Congratulations! Below is a checklist to review if you plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
- USF St. Petersburg does NOT have a graduation reception.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT APPLYING TO GRADUATE AND REGISTERING FOR COMMENCEMENT ARE INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER. IF YOU ARE WALKING COMMENCEMENT, YOU NEED TO REGISTER ONLINE.
- New information and/or reminders will be e-mailed to your University official e-mail address only. If you opted out of receiving e-mails through USFSP, please send your request to opt in to email@example.com.
- Regalia is required to participate in commencement. Regalia is different for Bachelors and Masters candidates.
- Several companies may try to sell caps and gowns. To be certain that you are getting USF-approved regalia, order from the Barnes & Noble USF St. Petersburg Bookstore.
- Regalia (cap/gown & tassel) will be on sale at the Barnes & Noble USF St. Petersburg Bookstore beginning Monday, March 4, 2013, during the Grad Stampede from 2:00 - 6:00PM (10% off on cap and gown, frames, and announcements if purchased that day). Also, there will be vendors for the following services for the graduates: class rings, graduation announcements, diploma frames, and photographer. Payment is made at the time of purchase. Out-of-town students should contact the Barnes & Noble USF St. Petersburg Bookstore to make regalia arrangements. Please call Bookstore Customer Service at (727) 873-2665 for all regalia inquiries.
Bachelors set for purchase (cap/gown/tassel) = $44 plus tax
Masters set for purchase (cap/gown/hood/tassel) = $74 plus tax
- Regalia will be delivered after the pre-Commencement meetings on Tuesday, April 23, 2013, at the University Student Center (USC), Ballroom 1 and 2, second floor. Pre-Commencement meetings will be at 11:00AM and 5:30PM.
- For information about Commencement Announcements call 813-974-3180 or visit the Herff Jones website: http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/usf/
- Honors students: To order Honors sashes, call 813-974-3180 or click at http://msc.usf.edu/sashes.php. These sashes are only for those students who are members of an Honors society. Deadline to order USF Honor sashes is Friday, March 29, 2013. Honors sashes will be delivered to Bayboro Hall, Room 204, 3 to 5 days before Commencement.
- Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude Medallions: These medallions are for sale at the USFSP Barnes and Noble bookstore for $20.
- Honors Medallion: Graduates, who are in the Honors Program led by Dr. Thomas Smith, will receive their medallions at the end of their successful thesis defense.
- Each graduate will receive two souvenir programs on the day of the ceremony. The graduate names listed in the program come from the Office of the Registrar, based on the list of students who have applied to graduate by the end of the fourth week of the term. Your name may not be in the program if you have applied to graduate after that deadline, or if you have elected total privacy on your student record. Registration for the Commencement ceremony does not ensure that your name is printed in the program. Following the ceremony, additional programs, if available, will be available at the Office of Academic Affairs located at BAY 204.
- International sashes are for those graduates whose home country is outside the continental United States. The sashes bear the same colors as the flag of each nation. Sashes are available from the International Student & Scholars Services Office. International students can place their sash order when they register for the Commencement ceremony through Friday, March 29, 2013. International students will not receive an international sash if they register after March 29, 2013. Sashes may be picked up at the Office of Academic Affairs, BAY 204, two (2) days prior to the Commencement ceremony.
- Tickets (5 per graduate) will be delivered for Commencement at the pre-Commencement meetings on April 23, 2013.
Congratulations New Graduate!
Welcome to the family of USF Alumni! You now belong to a network of more than 244,000 USF alumni worldwide. All new graduates are invited to sign up for a one-year membership for only $20! That’s 50 percent off the regular single, annual membership fee. Benefits of being an Alumni Association member include multiple job search tools, networking opportunities, special invitations to social events and local and national discounts. You will not only get all the perks of being a member, but you will also receive a FREE grad pack that includes:
• An all leather, zippered, embossed portfolio
• Your first edition of Alumni Voice, the members-only magazine
• Your first edition of USF Magazine
Use this link for more information about how to become the newest member of the USF Alumni Association or contact Kevin Floyd, Membership Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
USFSP Outstanding Graduate Award
(Sponsored by the USF Alumni Association)
The Outstanding Graduate Award is open to all graduating seniors. It recognizes one graduating senior each semester, who has demonstrated exceptional achievements in the areas of leadership, community service, work experience, and school spirit. The president of the University and a representative of the USF Alumni Association recognize the Outstanding Graduate during the Commencement exercise. The Outstanding Graduate is honored as a special guest at Commencement and is seated on stage with the distinguished platform party during the ceremony. For more information and application click here
Have you begun your job search? Are you ready for the next step on your career path?
Career Center services are still available upon graduation to assist you with your job search needs. There are various events and resources open to all alumni at any time, including career fairs, employer information sessions, and resources on our website.
The following services are FREE for a period of 3 months after graduation:
- CareerNow - Express career services without an appointment
- Recruit-a-Bull - Full access to our online jobs database
- Job Search Workshop - Access to one 3-hour workshop
For complete details, review the Alumni section on our website at http://www1.usfsp.edu/career, stop by the Student Life Center, SLC 2300, or call us at 727-873-4129.
If you have any other Commencement questions or special needs, please contact Yoli Lanuza at (727) 873-4056 or e-mail at email@example.com