Welcome to the Bachelors of Science
with Certifications in Elementary Education and Exceptional Student Education and Endorsements in Reading and ESOL
About the Program|Admission|Financial Aid|Advising|Program of Study|Documents|Internship|FTCE|Portfolio|Graduation
About the Program
This integrated program is based on the latest research in universal design to prepare teachers to meet the needs of all learners. Program courses contain Florida subject matter competencies for Elementary Education, Exceptional Student Education, English for Speakers of Other languages (ESOL) and Reading all within the required number of credits.
Fully Approved by the Florida Department of Education | Pre-requisite Check List
Students may apply for entrance into the undergraduate teacher education program offered by the College of Education after completing state mandated COE prerequisite courses and specific COE prerequisite requirements. All students who plan to teach must apply for admission to a teacher education program through the Academic Advising Center.
Admission to the teacher education program is contingent upon meeting the following preliminary college requirements:
- A lower-level overall grade point average of 2.5 or greater.
- Completion of a College of Education application form.
- Completion of the University’s General Education requirements (36 cr. hrs.).
Note: Students should contact an academic advisor to ensure that they
are enrolled in courses appropriate for their intended major.
- Successful completion of all portions of the FTCE General Knowledge Test. No exemptions or waivers accepted.
- Completion of State Mandated Common Prerequisites and General Education Requirements
Note: The following prerequisites must be completed with a minimum grade of C- or above:
- EDF 2005 Introduction to Education OR EDF 2005 - Introduction to the
Teaching Profession 3
- EDG 2085 Teaching Diverse Populations OR EDF 2085 - Introduction to
Diversity for Educators 3
- EME 2040 Introduction to Educational Technology OR EME 2040 - Introduction to
Technology for Educators 3
Completion of USFSP general education requirements or a Florida public university/community college AA degree is also required.
Note: General education courses with grades of D+ or below will need to be repeated for a grade of C- or above to fulfill state mandated prerequisites
for the College of Education.
Financial Aid / Scholarships Information
Please visit our Financial Aid / Scholarships section to navigate through the financial aid and scholarships information.
|USF St. Peterburg (Main Campus)
||USF St. Peterburg (Pasco Hernando Community College Campus)
|Advisor: Dr. Deanna Bullard
Advisor: Annella Foshee
Phone: 727 -816-3402
"E-mail to schedule an advising appointment"
Program of Study (Program Courses)
- Professional Education (32 credit hours):
- Specialization (33 credit hours):
- EEX 3751 Enhancing Family Involvement (2)
- EEX 4764 Instructional and Adaptive Technology (3)
- EDG 4444 Instructional Design and Classroom Management (3)
- EDG 3943 Integrated Clinical Experience K-5 (3)
- EDG 4909 Integrated Clinical Experience 6-12 (3)
- HLP 4710 Integrated Art, Music, and P. E. (2)
- LAE 4343 Writing Across the Curriculum (2)
- MAE 4314 Math for All Students (4)
- RED 4348 Literacy Development (3)
- LAE 4414 Literacy, Literature, and Social Studies (4)
- SCE 4313 Science for All Students (3)
- EDG 4934 Final Internship Seminar (1)
For further information about this program at USF St. Petersburg, please contact the appropriate advisor listed above.
Forms/Documents for Students
Please visit our Forms & Documents for Students section to download and print documents and forms.
Please visit our College of Education Internship Office section to navigate through the internship and practicum process.
Please visit our FTCE exam section to navigate through the Florida Teacher Certification Exam process.
Portfolio / E-Portfolio
Please visit our Portfolio section to navigate through the portfolio/e-portfolio process.
Graduation Requirements & Dates
Please visit our Graduation section to navigate through the graduation process.