University Police Services
Welcoming, diverse, inclusive.
- Lock your office door whenever you leave, even if you’re going out for a minute.
- Don't be predictable. Most people keep their purse in the bottom right drawer of the desk or on the hook behind the door.
- Protect wallets, keys, purses and other personal valuables on the job.
- Maintain a current inventory of all valuable personal and campus property. Include make, model, size, color, serial number and USF number.
- Consider etching your driver’s license number on your personal items of value.
- When approaching your office, look for anything out of the ordinary.
- If the door to your office is damaged, do not enter and call the University Police from a safe location.
- Keep office doors locked when working alone, on weekends or after normal hours.
- Be aware of any suspicious persons roaming your area. If someone enters your area of work immediately ask them what they are doing or who they are looking for. Ask them firmly, yet professionally if you can be of any assistance.
- Know the location of fire alarms and emergency exits.
- When a fire alarm sounds, leave the building immediately and report to the appropriate location. Don’t wait to see if the alarm is false or malfunctioning.
- Notify the University Police at ext. 3-4140 of any emergency, criminal activity, suspicious conditions or suspicious persons.