"Leadership is not magnetic personality, that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not "making friends and influencing people", that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations." --Peter F. Drucker
The Leadership Development & Programming office at USF St. Petersburg offers students various opportunities to strengthen their leadership skills as well as complement the rich classroom experience offered at our campus. USFSP is dedicated in fostering an active and vibrant community of citizen scholars who engage and improve their community and the world. The programs offered by our Leadership Development & Programming office are designed to give our students a competitive edge as they enter the work force, apply for scholarships, graduate schools, or to be active members in their local communities. Students active in Leadership Development & Programming forge leadership skills through everyday settings –i.e., a community group planning an event, a student group holding a meeting, leading others in ROTC, being active through Student Government or being a role model for students as an R.A.
The Leadership Development & Programming office at USFSP helps students:
- Grow integrity, character and self-awareness.
- Identify core passions.
- Set positive examples.
- Foster collaborative relationships.
- Effectively lead in diverse contexts.
- Positively impact communities on the local, state, national and global levels.
Leadership Development & Programming provides the many initiatives that fit all your leadership training, education, and development goals, programs such as:
- Academic Programs: programs offered include a minor in Leadership studies, a certificate in Ethical Leadership, retreats, participation in Citizen Scholar courses or in a Student Philanthropy Board, leadership lecture series, Lead, Learn, Serve to incoming Freshmen and co-curricular awards.
- Leadership Positions: programs offered include a minor in Leadership studies, a certificate in Ethical Leadership, retreats, participation in Citizen Scholar courses or in a Student Philanthropy Board, leadership lecture series, Lead, Learn, Serve to incoming Freshmen and co-curricular awards.
- Scholarship and Awards: awards range from participating in Lead, Learn, Serve as an incoming freshman, leadership awards, and civic engagement awards.
| The mission of Leadership Development and Programming is to engage all University of South Florida St. Petersburg students in purposefully designed leadership programming and experiential learning opportunities that support the mission of the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.
|Leadership is a relational process of working with others to accomplish a goal or to promote change. University of South Florida St. Petersburg Leadership Development and Programming seeks to empower students to enhance their aptitude as leaders and understand how they can make a difference, whether as positional leaders or active participants in a group or community process. Leadership involves self-awareness and understanding of others, values and diverse perspectives, organizations, and change. Leadership also requires capability in working collaboratively, and managing conflict.
Stay up to date with the latest events from USFSP Leadership Development & Programming by following us on Twitter @USFSPlead or by liking us on Facebook. Check out our YouTube page to see videos of all our events.
USFSP was awarded a Learn and Serve America grant of $395,000, one of only 36 grants awarded nationally, to engage students in service-learning projects and promote community service while enhancing student academic and civic skills. The grant supports the student philanthropy boards and the Lead Learn Serve program at USFSP.
To learn more about our Student Philanthropy Boards grants and how your non-profit organization can be awarded one, click here.
To be added to our USFSP Non-Profit Database and be notified about training, internships and grant funding opportunities please click here or go to the following website: http://tiny.cc/lls_grant
For more information on the Leadership Development & Programming office please contact:
Charlie Justice, Assistant Director of Leadership | email@example.com | (727) 873-4118